A conference is a meeting of people who "confer" about a topic. Conference types include:
- Academic conference, in science and academic, a formal event where researchers present results, workshops, and other activities.
- Athletic conference, a competitive grouping of teams, often geographical
- Authors' conference, or writers' conference, where writers gather to review their written works and suggest improvements
- Conference call, in telecommunications, a call with more than two participants at the same time
- Conference hall, room where conferences are held
- Convention (meeting), meeting of a, usually large, group of individuals and/or companies in a certain field
- Free conference, between the two houses of a bicameral legislature
- News conference, an announcement to the press (print, radio, television) with the expectation of questions, about the announced matter
- Parent-teacher conference, a meeting with a child's teacher to discuss grades and school performance
- Peace conference, a diplomatic meeting to end conflict
- Professional conference, a meeting of professionals in a given subject or profession dealing with related matters or developments
- Settlement conference, a meeting between the plaintiff and the respondent in lawsuit, wherein they try to settle their dispute without proceeding to trial
- Trade fair, or trade conference
- Unconference, or Open Space conference,who avoids meeting[with more persons], a participant-driven meeting that tries to avoid one or more aspects of a conventional conference
SEOCO owns the domain acaconference.com.au and sydneycancerconference.com.au. If you wish to rank your conference website in google search engines give us a call for a no obligations free consultation. We can get you ranking quickly.